Astro Note Original Anime Promo Video: Additional Cast, Staff Revealed
The official portal for the unique sci-fi comedy anime Astro Note launched the first promotional video of the show on Friday. The video provides information on additional cast, crew, and details of the opening theme tune.
The anime features performers including the previously introduced cast (from left to right in the top row, middle row, followed by the bottom row in the image above):
- Shinichirō Miki portraying Shokichi Yamashita
- Tomokazu Sugita playing Tomohiro Wakabayashi
- Rie Kugimiya as Ren Wakabayashi
- Junichi Suwabe in the role of Naosuke
- Maaya Uchida as Mira Gotokuji
- Sōma Saitō taking on the character of Takumi Miyasaki
- Yui Ogura as Aoi Uemachi
- Jun Fukuyama embodying Shoin Ginger
- Ai Furihata as Teruko Matsubara
Ai Furihata is also responsible for performing the opening theme song titled “Hohoemi Note” (Smile Note).
Additional staff members who have recently been announced include:
- Mecha Design by: Kazunori Ozawa, Shōhei Kohara
- Property Design by: Yasutoshi Niwa, Kazutaka Taguchi
- Color Design by: Fuyuto Muraguchi (Rocket Vision)
- Photography Director: Hiroyuki Chiba (Anime Film)
- CGI Director: Hitoshi Kikuchi
- Offline Editing by: Akane Shiraishi (Seyama Editing Room)
The anime is set to debut in April on
in regions like North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, the Middle East, and the CIS.
Here is how Crunchyroll describes the anime:
Takumi, a naturally talented chef, has just lost his job. He secures a new position at an elderly boarding house called Astro-sou, but is hesitant to commit because the job requires him to live on the premises full-time. However, upon meeting the attractive and engaging caretaker, Mira, his apprehensions disappear. As the two begin working together, their bond deepens. But there is a twist: Mira is not of this world!
The team behind the anime includes Shinji Takamatsu (Gintama, Grand Blue Dreaming, School Rumble) serving as the chief director with Haruki Kasugamori (Dragon Goes House-Hunting , 2014 Keroro) directing the anime at Telecom Animation Film. Kimiko Ueno (The Royal Tutor, Super Shiro, Delicious in Dungeon) is responsible for series scripts. Eisaku Kubonouchi (Carole & Tuesday, Bullbuster, Nissin Cup Noodle anime ads) is creating the initial character designs, and Maho Aoki is adapting those designs for animation. Reiji Kasuga is the art director. Kōhei Munemoto (I’m Quitting Heroing) is managing music at Lantis.