Kenjiro Tsuda Cast as Narrator in Live-Action Golden Kamuy Film
Announced on the official website for the live-action film adaptation of Satoru Noda‘s manga, Golden Kamuy, is the news that voice actor Kenjiro Tsuda is set to narrate the film. Fans of the anime may recognize Tsuda’s voice as that of the character Hyakunosuke Ogata.
The live-action adaptation is set to make its
on January 19.
The line-up of actors who will be appearing in the film is as follows:
- Kento Yamazaki as Saichi Sugimoto
- Anna Yamada as Asirpa
- Arata Iura as Asirpa’s aca (meaning “father”)
- Gordon Maeda as Hyakunosuke Ogata
- Yuma Yamoto as Yoshitake Shiraishi
- Hiroshi Tamaki as Tokushirō Tsurumi
- Hiroshi Tachi as Toshizō Hijikata
- Asuka Kudo as Hajime Tsukishima
- Shuntarō Yanagi as Yōhei/Kōhei Nikaido
- Ryōhei Ōtani as Genjirō Tanigaki
- Katsuya as Tatsūma Ushiyama
- Katsumi Kiba as Shinpachi Nagakura
- Hisako Okata as Huci
- Makita Sports as Takechiyo Gotō
- Debo Akibe as Asirpa’s great uncle
- Mitsuki Takahata as Umeko
- Yuki Izumisawa as Toraji
- Kentarō Shimazu as Kanjirō Kasahara
- Keisuke Horibe as Kōji Wada
- Yuno Nagao as Osoma
The directorial duties of the film lie in the able hands of Shigeaki Kubo who is associated with production house CREDEUS. The narrative has been crafted by Tsutomu Kuroiwa. The soundscape has been designed by Yutaka Yamada. The Ainu elements have been overseen by Hiroshi Nakagawa and Debo Akibe. Providing the musical landscape is Japanese rock group ACIDMAN who are performing the theme song “Kagayakerumono” (Those Who Shine).
Satoru Noda first introduced the manga in Shueisha‘s Young Jump magazine in 2014 and concluded the series in April 2022. Besides the live-action film, the manga has also given birth to four animated series and the production of the anime’s closing arc has already received the green light.