Miyuki Shiba Character Video Posted for The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3
The official online resource for the fresh sequel of The irregular at magic high school anime started broadcasting a character promotional clip featuring Miyuki Shiba, who is voiced by Saori Hayami, this past Sunday.
In celebration of the upcoming third season, an online “Magic High School Entrance Exam” will take place from March 1-15 on a special webpage. The site will go live on February 12 at 6:00 p.m. JST (4:00 a.m. EST) and will feature a practice exercise booklet for the test. On the same day, physical exercise booklets will be distributed at the primary Animate GAMERS outlet in Tokyo and the Animate Osaka Nipponbashi store. Exam takers who share their results have the opportunity to join a lottery to win student identification cards.
From the earlier seasons of the anime, Hayami will resume her role. Other cast members who are returning include:
- Yūichi Nakamura in the role of Tatsuya Shiba
- Kiyono Yasuno as Minami Sakurai
- Yumi Uchiyama voicing Erika Chiba
- Takuma Terashima as Leonhart Saijo
- Satomi Satou as Mizuki Shibata
- Atsushi Tamaru playing Mikihiko Yoshida
- Sora Amamiya as Honoka Mitsui
- Yuiko Tatsumi as Shizuku Kitayama
- Maaya Uchida as Ayako Kuroba
- Emiri Katō as Fumiya Kuroba
- Kana Hanazawa as Mayumi Saegusa
- Eri Kitamura as Kasumi Saegusa
- Aoi Yūki as Izumi Saegusa
- Kōji Yusa as Zhou Gongjin
New additions to the cast for this season include Kikunosuke Toya as Minoru Kudou, Tatsumaru Tachibana as Takuma Shippou, and Retsu Kudō will be played by Houchu Ohtsuka. He replaces Motomu Kiyokawa, who passed away in the previous year.
The series at recurring studio 8-Bit will be directed by Jimmy Stone, an animation and episode director from the previous installments in the franchise. The music composer Taku Iwasaki (Black Butler, Bungo Stray Dogs, Gurren Lagann) is returning, and the opening theme song “Shouted Serenade” will be performed by LiSA.
Additional staff members include:
- Scriptwriting: Munemasa Nakamoto
- Character Designer/Chief Animation Director: Kana Ishida
- Sub-Character Designer: Asumi Hashimoto
- Mechanic/Prop Design: Kō Inaba
- Art Direction: Yuuho Taniuchi
- Art Director: Kouki Nagayoshi
- Art: H・E・D WORKS
- Color Design: Sakura Komatsu
- Monitor Graphics Design: Yousuke Nanjou
- CG Director: Masaya Machida (Stimulus Image)
- Compositing Director of Photography: Takeshi Hirooka
- Editing: Kashiko Kimura (MAD BOX)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama
- Casting Manager: Kumiko Suzuki
- Sound Effects: Yuji Furuya
The light novel series The irregular at magic high school (Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei) by Tsutomu Satou started in 2008 and concluded with its 32nd volume in September 2020. Two sequels released in October 2020 and January 2021.
The franchise also includes the film The irregular at magic high school The Movie: The Girl Who Summons the Stars, which was released in Japan in June 2017, and the The Irregular at Magic High School: Visitor Arc TV series, which first premiered in 2014 and aired for 26 episodes. In October 2020, a second season of the series premiered and continued for 13 episodes.
A 13-episode TV anime inspired by the The Honor Student at Magic High School manga premiered on July 3, 2021.
Notice: Kadokawa World Entertainment (KWE), a complete subsidiary of Kadokawa Corporation, is the principal shareholder of Anime News Network, LLC. One or more companies cited in the article belong to the Kadokawa Group of Companies.