Webtoon Adaptation Announced for Metallic Rouge Original Anime
The official account of the manga app, LINE, announced on Twitter that a full-color webtoon adaptation of the original TV anime, Metallic Rouge, is set to debut on March 7. The webtoon project involves Meika Tokyo and Chita Tsurushima, who are responsible for drawing, while Whomor is overseeing the production process.
Metallic Rouge made its first appearance on TV as an anime series on January 10 via Fuji TV’s +Ultra programming block. Crunchyroll, a popular streaming platform, has acquired the rights to stream the series to audiences outside of Asia, concurrent with its airing schedule in Japan.
Voicing the roles in the anime are Yume Miyamoto as Rouge Redmaster, the android girl, and her partner Naomi Orthmann is voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa.
Additional voice cast members are as follows (please note that the spelling of character names has yet to be confirmed):
- Shunsuke Takeuchi will voice the character Jean Yunghart
- Yu Shimamura lends her voice for the character Sara Fitzgerald
- Hiroyuki Yoshino voices the character named Jaron Fate
- Jill Sturgeon will be voiced by Yui Ogura
- Afdal Bashal’s voice will be provided by Kenjiro Tsuda
- Eden Vallock is voiced by Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Ash Stahl will be represented by Atsushi Miyauchi
- Noid 262 is given a voice by Chiaki Kobayashi
- Hiroshi Yanaka voices the character Puppeteer
- Opera will have the voice of Mariya Ise
- Minami Tsuda voices Ace/Alice Machias
- Hiroki Yasumoto gives voice to Graufon Berg
- Haruka Shiraishi lends her voice to Cyan Bluestar
- Yōko Hikasa voices Eva Cristella
- Roy Yunghart will be represented by Yoshimitsu Shimoyama
Motonobu Hori, known for his work on Carole & Tuesday, will serve as director of the anime as part of BONES. Yutaka Izubuchi, known for his work on Mobile Police Patlabor, Star Blazers 2199, RahXephon, will handle the series scripts and also play the role of chief director. Screenplays are taken care of by Toshizo Nemoto, known for his work on Macross Delta. Cowboy Bebop’s Toshihiro Kawamoto is responsible for designing the characters. Music is composed by Taisei Iwasaki, Yuma Yamaguchi, and Towa Tei, with Iwasaki known for his work on BELLE.
Metallic Rouge is a “tech noir” anime set in a universe where humans and androids co-exist. The narrative revolves around Rouge, an android girl, and her partner Naomi, who embark on a mission on Mars. Their task—terminate Immortal Nine, a group of nine artificial humanoids perceived as threats by the government.
Sources: LINE Manga app’s Twitter account, Metallic Rouge anime’s website